Thursday, December 02, 2004

moving

So, the big thing happening to me right now is that I got a job in Boulder, which requires a big move across the country. Right now I live in Arlington, VA-- i.e. Washington D.C. I've been here for 2 years as a post-doc, but my home is in the western part of the states. I moved around a lot while I was growing up but I lived mostly in Wyoming and the Pacific Northwest. All my extended family live in Wyoming, my brother lives in Denver with his family and my sister lives in Boise with her family. So I'm looking forward to being closer to all of them-- though I admit it does scare me a bit-- maybe it'll be too close?

But I miss the mountains so much and I miss West Coast people-- they're different than Midwestern or East Coast people. Probably not better or worse, but definitely more familiar to me. And I am really looking forward to having decent Mexican food again!

I will miss D.C., though. It's really grown on me and I have made some good friends here. And I'll miss driving past the Pentagon, the Washington Monument, and the Capitol building every day on my way to work. It's pretty amazing.

Anyway, in the next month I will be moving. And as if that wasn't enough, I have a talk to give at a conference in San Francisco in a couple weeks, so things will be busy. But I will try to keep up with this now that I've started it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home