Wednesday, December 15, 2004

San Francisco

I do enjoy San Francisco in December. At this time of year, you can walk around Powell and Market streets and see the locals (or perhaps tourists up from LA) bundled up in their heavy coats, gloves, scarves wrapped around their heads. And passing them on the sidewalk are tourists (I assume from Wisconsin or some other state that has winter) dressed in shorts and a tank-top. I guess 60 degrees means different things to different people.

The other reason I enjoy SF this time of year is because the downtown area has been invaded by thousands of scientists. While walking down the street today I overheard a snatch of a conversation-- "And then I said, 'you're forgetting the electrons!' " The man's companions laughed appreciably at the story. Normally I would find that unusual, but not in San Francisco in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home