Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The life of an obituary writer

I saved this posting from Americablog so I could read the article when I got a chance-- I mean, how can I pass up an article by the man who writes obituaries for the Washington Post? As promised it was a great article. Here's a quote to whet your appetite:
"It was longstanding Post policy to include the cause of death in our obituaries, and we kept a mental tab of the more unusual ways in which people died. We once published the obituary of a psychiatrist who drowned in a sensory deprivation tank. We had a man who perished in a midair hang-gliding collision and a retired ambassador who died in an in-line skating accident. It was a sad and tragic death, but we all thought it was a class act that the former diplomat was Rollerblading at the age of 79."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home